Vintage Style Wedding and Matching Jewelry
Many people, especially women, visualize their wedding at a young age. Some even pick out every detail of their dream wedding long before getting engaged. One of these details includes the dream of having a vintage style wedding for a classic, elegant and timeless event.
What is a Vintage Wedding?
You might be wondering what makes a vintage wedding theme. Often it’s the details, location and the décor but the theme accompanies glam to rustic and everything in between. Vintage weddings are typically more intimate in terms of setting. Decor features details like decorative pearl, lace, and burlap, or can include more whilte, gold and black for a vintage glam vibe. Vintage-themed weddings look great held in venues like barns, historical homes, backyards of a historical mansion, or mountain lodges.
Here are some twists on vintage themes and the details you include make the theme come to life:
- Vintage Old Hollywood
- Roaring 20s
- Boho 60s
- Retro 70s
Vintage Wedding Jewelry
In order to carry the vintage theme through every wedding detail, your wedding jewelry should also have a vintage vibe. We’ve gathered some jewelry inspiration to help!
Heirloom Milgrain Diamond Wedding Band
Light, delicate accent diamonds adorn this wedding band. The stones get smaller as they extend down the band for an elegant effect that feels like it could be pulled from the Victorian era. The delicate details and milgrain fit in perfectly for a vintage wedding. If you’re looking for a matching wedding band set, look at this engagement ring.
Scalloped Edged Bezel Set Diamond Wedding Band
This pave wedding band creates an airy effect thanks to the scalloped edges around the bezel set stones. The bands sit flush at the base of your finger, where this smooth finish ensures a comfortable fit. The simplicity and delicateness of this band is reminiscent of the past. This also has a matching engagement ring if you’re looking for a wedding band set.
Pear Shaped Diamond Halo Pendant
This stunning, eye-catching pear shaped gemstone is circled by sparkling accent diamonds. This is the perfect necklace if your wedding theme is vintage glam, old Hollywood, or a similar theme. .
Diamond Heart Pendant
This heart-shaped pendant features round diamonds. It’s sparkling and sweet, and would look great in a vintage wedding.
- Multi-Layered Pearl Bracelet: Pearls are often included in vintage weddings–either as part of the decor or included in the jewelry (or both). Layers of pearls around the wrist make a statement piece and provide a vintage look.
- Hammered Wide Cuff Gold Bracelet: A hammered, wide bracelet offers delicate details common in vintage jewelry but with a modern twist with the width of the cuff.
Inside Out Diamond Hoops in Yellow Gold
These stunning inside out hoop earrings sparkle from every angle with round cut brilliant diamonds in your choice of carat weight. Princess Cut Diamond Halo Earrings: Classic princess cut earrings feature a stunning .
Princess Cut Diamond Halo Earrings
Classic princess cut earrings feature a stunning halo of diamonds encircling the center gemstone. The vintage glam of these stud-styled earrings would be a glamorous detail on your big day.
Tips for Shopping for Vintage-Style Jewelry
We’ve compiled some helpful hints as you shop for vintage jewelry.
- Keep your budget in mind as you shop for jewelry. Include money for wedding jewelry in your wedding budget. And these pieces can be worn after the wedding, plus they make cherished keepsakes.
- If you’d prefer to have simpler jewelry and are concerned about budget, select plain metal jewelry or pieces that feature more affordable gemstones (lab diamonds or diamond alternatives like moissanite or cubic zirconia).
- If you want to mix metals in your jewelry, keep similar tones together. For example, pair rose gold with yellow gold or platinum with white gold.
- Buy from a reputed brand that offers easy returns/exchange if you’re dissatisfied with the product or have an issue. Research the warranty, reputation of the company and the exchange/refund policy.
- Choose a lab-made diamond or a natural diamond that is certified by reputable organizations like Gemological Institute of America (GIA) or The International Gemological Institute (IGI) .
- What is the best vintage style jewelry for a bride?
There are plenty of factors that go into selecting the best type of vintage jewelry for your wedding day. Personal preferences, the style of dress, and theme details for the wedding can all play into the style of jewelry that will compliment the theme of your unforgettable day. As you brainstorm your wedding theme, think of the location, decor and attire details in order to determine the jewelry you’ll wear on your big day.
- What is the trending wedding ring style for a vintage wedding?
Trending vintage features on modern wedding rings include: geometric settings inspired by Art Deco styles; delicate and detailed bands featuring gems; and scroll flourishes and sunburst patterns.
- Which metal will be best for a vintage style wedding?
Metal choices depend on personal preferences, but platinum and white gold give off a vintage vibe. You can also mix metals, but try to keep similar tones together. For example, pair rose gold with yellow gold or platinum with white gold.
- What gemstones suit a vintage wedding theme?
A variety of gemstones suit a vintage wedding–diamonds are the most popular, but some vintage jewelry include garnets, emeralds, pearls, ruby, sapphire, and topaz. The gemstones you choose can reflect your preferences, match the color theme of the wedding or enhance any color from your dress.
We are glad that you preferred to contact us. Please fill our short form and one of our friendly team members will contact you back.