Best Vintage Halo Diamond Engagement Rings
No matter who you’ve fallen in love with, getting engaged is a big deal. After all, you’re going to ask someone to spend the rest of their life with you, and happily ever after is always the goal. However, besides the choice of partner, many people find that choosing between diamond engagement rings for women is an arduous task.
There are several reasons why partners often struggle with ring selection. For one thing, it’s often difficult to understand the diamond buying process since there’s such a wide range of quality, shapes and sizes. However, one of the options that’s been popular lately is vintage style engagement rings. These are popular not only because of their romantic vibe, but also their elegance.
If you want good value for money, and a ring your future fiancée would love, then think about a halo diamond engagement ring. This is a great option because the halo makes the center diamond in your vintage diamond engagement ring look larger than it actually is. However, even within the vintage inspiration and the halo structure there’s a wide variety of designs available. Not only can you choose from different sizes or metal colors, but also the shape of your center diamond. Perhaps this is one reason why vintage inspired engagement rings are so popular.
Vintage Engagement Rings for Women
At With Clarity, we love making pretty rings for special women. Therefore, we have several vintage engagement rings available on our site. For many of the designs, you can choose the more modern lab diamond or the traditional mined diamond.
Leaf Halo Diamond Engagement Ring
Nature lovers can rejoice with this ring. The halo and center stone combined look like a delicate flower and light up her finger. At the same time, round diamonds and leaf-shaped milgrain help to highlight the vintage-inspired look. You can customize this ring to include a lab-diamond center stone for the perfect tribute to the eco-friendly vibe.
Marquise Split Shank Diamond Halo Engagement Ring
For an extraordinary woman there’s an extraordinary ring. This is one of the few options in our collection for marquise diamond lovers, and it features a relatively simple halo design. Specifically, you get a simple halo with a split pave shank. With a split shank, she’ll have a center diamond that stays stable on her finger. The marquise diamond will make her finger look longer and provides a bold look that can’t be missed.
Choosing the Perfect Metal
With most of our diamond engagement rings, you have several gold metal options. While gold purity is mainly a matter of durability and price, there are some advantages and disadvantages to each color. In addition, you can get many settings in platinum as well.
- White gold: These days, white gold is extremely popular, especially for diamond rings. One reason for this is the white metal vibe, and it also complements the sparkle of a high-quality diamond. However, white gold contains nickel and must occasionally be taken to a jeweler for maintenance. Therefore, if your sweetheart has skin sensitivities, or doesn’t want to bother with re-plating, you’ll want to choose another option.
- Yellow gold: When it comes out of the ground, all gold is yellow. Our yellow gold is combined with other elements for durability, and the higher the karat, the brighter the yellow. Choose yellow gold if she prefers jewelry that color, or if you choose a diamond with a lower color grade. This metal also does not cause any allergic reactions.
- Rose gold: When it comes to vintage engagement rings, rose gold is especially appropriate because of its old-fashioned vibe. It’s also incredibly romantic, and safe for sensitive skin. However, the pink color isn’t as compatible with other jewelry, so be sure she loves it.
- Platinum: If you want the classic ‘white’ gleam for her ring and something that’s hypoallergenic then platinum is the perfect choice. Vibe. During the Victorian and Edwardian periods, platinum settings were extremely popular. Plus, it’s very durable and low-maintenance.
A few tips on buying a diamond
Lastly, we’d like to give our top tips that will help you choose a diamond engagement ring. These tips work whether she wants something vintage-inspired or ultra-modern.
- Always go with a retailer that has a clear return policy. Sometimes you’ll find a ring that you think she’ll love, and it looks awful on her finger. Or you don’t judge her taste right. Either way, make sure you can return it for a refund.
- Choose center diamonds with a certification; in particular, choose a GIA diamond for natural stones, and the IGI for lab-created gems. Remember, only the center stone needs a certification unless you are using two large diamonds.
- Lab-created diamonds are less expensive, especially if you’re on a budget. Not only do you not have to worry about the ecological damage from mining, but lab diamonds are about 30% cheaper than an equivalent mined diamond. Plus, you’ll get something with identical properties as a natural diamond. Remember, only a jeweler can tell the difference.
- Always consider your budget when picking a ring. After all, you don’t want to spend so much on the ring that you can’t take her somewhere special for the honeymoon. At the same time, choose something that suits her style. With ring buying, the sweet spot is something she’ll love at a price you can afford.
- Vintage style engagement rings are a major trend these days. With all the nostalgia of the yesteryears and the intricate details, it’s unsurprising that women want something that isn’t so ‘plain’. Fortunately, whether you want a lab or natural diamond engagement ring in vintage style, we have plenty of options to choose from. Our friendly gemologists can help you pick the perfect rock, and the perfect setting, for your perfect ring.
- Does a halo engagement ring look tacky?
No, halo engagement rings are popular because they’re beautiful. The only time you’ll find a tacky halo ring is when it’s poorly designed or the diamond is too big for its setting.
- Are halo engagement rings dated?
They’re more popular than ever. Made popular centuries ago, halo engagement rings are a great way to get more bang for your diamond buck.
- What does a halo engagement ring say about you?
That depends if you’re the wearer or the giver. For the wearer, it says she’s a loved woman with great taste. For the giver, it shows that he likes to indulge someone he loves.
- What is considered a vintage engagement ring?
Strictly speaking, anything made in the 1990s or earlier. However, ‘vintage-inspired’ rings can be anything with styling borrowed from the same time periods.