Proposal Getaway Ideas in America
Your proposal and engagement is an important moment in your life, and you want the moment to be perfect. If you’re planning the proposal, you definitely want the moment to be magical. Yes, the ring steals the show, but how and where you pop the question impacts the momentous moment as well.
This is where we come in to help! Consider a destination proposal…America is filled with picturesque places each with different vibes that provide plenty of unforgettable backdrops for your perfect proposal.
Proposal Getaway Ideas
If you’ve narrowed down your proposal to America, we compiled some amazing locations and ideas for you to consider.
An epic proposal in Maui provides plenty of romantic options. There are too many ideas to list, but here are a few to get you thinking:
- West Maui: The western region of Maui is famous for its 3-mile long Ka’anapali Beach and historic Lahaina Town. One amazing spot is Oneloa Bay (Ironwoods Cliffs). It features a beautiful beach, boardwalk, and impressive cliffs.
- South Shore: Maui’s South Shore is famous for its white sandy beaches, snorkeling spot near the reefs, and vast lava fields.
- Hana Highway: This highway curves along the coastline and features lush rural scenery and would be a great spot for an intimate proposal.
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
The Grand Canyon takes your breath away–it’s so majestic and beautiful that it would make an ideal proposal location. There’s even a “proposal point” at the Grand Canyon but it’s often busy. Here are some more private ideas:
- South Kaibab Trailhead: This spot isn’t as busy so it would be perfect for a private proposal.
- Lipan Point: It features spectacular views of all the South Rim and is typically less crowded than other lookout points. Sunrise and sunset views from the South Rim are the best times to propose.
- Lake Powell: Rent a boat and take your love out on the water for a romantic proposal. The lake is gorgeous and your proposal pictures would be unforgettable.
Estes Park, CO
Estes Park is nestled north of Denver and offers plenty of romantic proposal ideas. Here are a few spots:
- Dream Lake: This stunning lake is located within Rocky Mountain National Park, and it’s a two-mile round trip hike. If Dream Lake is too busy, there are plenty of other hikes, lakes and epic backdrops for your big moment.
- Shores of Lake Estes: Walk around Lake Estes to take in the views, and find a perfect spot to propose. It’s beautiful all year round.
- Romantic Cabin: Cozy up by the fireplace in a secluded cabin in the woods and ask your love to marry you. What could be more romantic?
Picture a memorable proposal with the backdrop of Niagara Falls! You may not know that there are plenty of locations within Niagara Falls State Park to propose. Whether you want a quieter spot or near the falls, you’ll find your perfect spot. During the day, you can choose from multiple viewing areas within the park, including scenic trails and secluded spots. The park is also spectacular at night. The Falls are illuminated year-round with hundreds of LED lights that combine light, color, and nature.
Big Sur, CA
Big Sur is located along the California coastline, and features rolling hills and breathtaking views of the ocean waves. Here are some popular proposal spots:
- McWay Falls: This romantic spot is even more spectacular with an 80-foot waterfall and cove. The sun hits the water at sunset and the views are picture perfect.
- Pfeiffer Beach: This tiny beach features purple sand and a rock arch, known as the Keyhole Arch. If you catch the arch at the right time of year, you can see the sunset rays coming directly through it.
- Sierra Mar: This romantic restaurant features floor-to-ceiling glass windows with views of the Pacific ocean.
- Soberanes Point: There are plenty of proposal locations in this area. You’ll see points on the trailhead with views of the mountains and the sea.
Styles we think you might like
Wrapping Things Up
While you focus on the logistics of your proposal, don’t forget about the smaller details. First, make sure you get ring insurance. We’ve all seen viral videos of rings falling between boards in a boardwalk or rings accidentally getting dropped into the ocean. If something unexpected happens, it’s best to be prepared. If you’re planning a destination proposal, don’t wait until the end of your trip to propose. You’ll likely be nervous and distracted, and it’ll be nice to propose and then enjoy the rest of your vacation as an engaged couple. As you plan your proposal, remember to try to act calm and not seem suspicious. Your love could pick up on clues if you’re acting differently. Finally, don’t overshare about your proposal to those around you or on social media. You want to protect yourselves and the amazing ring your love now wears.
Which is the best spot to propose in Maui?
A proposal in Maui would be unforgettable whether on a beach, going for a hike, taking a sunset cruise, picnicking on the beach, or a romantic beach dinner. The possibilities are endless!
Is it possible to propose at the Grand Canyon?
Yes, the Grand Canyon is beautiful and vast, so there are plenty of proposal spots. There are plenty of “proposal points” in the Grand Canyon.
Which is the most romantic place to propose in Colorado?
Estes Park offers plenty of romantic spots for a proposal. Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park, cozying up by the fire in a cabin in the winter, or paddleboarding on Lake Estes…these are only some of the ideas.
Where can I propose in Big Sur?
Majestic hills and rolling waves make Big Sur an amazing spot to propose no matter where you choose. You’ll find hiking trails overlooking the ocean that would be great places to pop the question.