ETERNITY BANDS & ANNIVERSARY RINGS THAT SPARKLE | ENJOY 10% OFF | SHOP NOW
Save up to 30% on select Lab Diamonds
A promise ring symbolizes commitment, love and loyalty to one another and they’re worn by men or women. Keep reading to learn more about promise ring options, how to pick a promise ring, and some helpful considerations.
Believe it or not, promise rings have existed since ancient times. Laws stated that couples had to wait a specific amount of time between announcing an intention to marry, and the marriage ceremony. As a result, Roman brides wore promise rings during the 2nd century BC as a symbol of a promise of marriage.
Today both men and women wear promise rings. Some couples choose to pick out a matching set, and some women purchase a promise ring for their loved one as a symbol of love and devotion. As promise rings have gained popularity, more men’s designs are available so you can find the perfect ring for your love.
As you shop for rings, decide whether you plan to get a plain metal ring or one that is embellished. Consider your loved one’s style in deciding which type or ring to purchase. Here are some favorite options in each category.
This is a thinner, and lighter weight version of the classic dome band. It has a very subtle look to it. This ring can be engraved with initials or names to add meaning. Bands for men are versatile and can be worn at any stage in life. Couples can also choose to use a band as a promise ring and then add an engraving onto it with their engagement or wedding date to continue wearing it and switch it to their ring finger. This can represent the total commitment of their relationship.
This ring is carved out milgrain design with two toned metal on a dome style men's wedding band, and comes in several metal options. It’s still a classic-looking ring with a bit more flair with the two-tone design. It’s a great ring to wear everyday for someone who likes a classic look with some two-tone flair.
This design’s satin finish features a high-polished split trimmed center of the ring. It’s great to wear every day without getting in the way, and the detail in the center of the band is ideal for someone who likes classic metal jewelry and appreciates style details.
This design features a low goss brushed finish with center milgraining to highlight a 0.04 ct solitaire diamond. It’s available in several metals, has a wider band, and would work well for someone who likes a classic look but wants to elevate the ring with a small diamond.
This band features a satin top finish that showcases a row of eight princess cut, bezel-set diamonds. It’s a thinner band so it puts the diamonds on display. If your loved one appreciates the beauty and rarity of diamonds, this ring offers a unique style.
This is a truly unique ring that will get plenty of attention, so if that sounds like your man, then take a look. It’s a wider band with a long channel cut in the center featuring a solitaire diamond.
Shop Promise Rings
As mentioned earlier, promise rings come in different metals for additional customization.
• Yellow Gold: This metal is best for someone who has a classic sense of style. It’s strong, durable and classic.
• Platinum: If you’re looking for a hypoallergenic option with a classic, sophisticated look, then platinum is an ideal choice.
• White Gold: White gold is a popular choice because it’s a nice alternative to platinum, that offers a radiant silvery-white shine.
• Sterling Silver: : Sterling silver is more affordable than the other metal options and offers a high, silvery shine.ce.
As you browse for rings, keep the following considerations in mind:
• You can often find embellished rings with either lab or earth-mined diamonds. Lab-created diamonds are more budget friendly but offer the same sparkle as earth-mined diamonds.
• Embellished rings come in different diamond cuts–two most popular options are round and princess-cut.
• Consider engraving your promise ring to make it even more special.
• Pay attention to the diamond setting–prong and bezel are the most popular options. Prong settings help draw focus to the diamond while bezel settings offer a more protective setting.
• Keep your budget in mind as you pick the metal because it affects both the appearance and cost of the ring.
• Keep the person’s personal style preference in mind as you shop for rings.
• Buy from a reputed brand that offers easy returns/exchange if you’re dissatisfied with the product. Research the warranty, reputation of the company and the exchange/refund policy.
Most men choose to wear their promise ring on their ring finger on their left hand, but some choose to wear it on their middle finger or other fingers for comfort. Some people choose to move the promise ring to the right hand once they are married.
Women can give men promise rings to symbolize the love, loyalty, and commitment to the relationship. Sometimes promise rings are called commitment rings.
White and yellow gold are common metals for men’s promise rings, but you can find rings in other metals, such as platinum.
Men can wear promise rings, and some couples choose matching promise rings.