Trendy Holiday Jewelry Picks
'Tis the season, once again! The winter holidays are on the way (or underway, in some parts of the world), and people worldwide are preparing for them. And, after the year we have all had, a nice holiday party (including a virtual one) is the best way to take our minds off everything and put them where it matters most: our closest, dearest loved ones. Continue reading for holiday party jewelry inspiration!
If you are planning a party, or you have been invited to attend one, and you are looking to accessorize, jewelry is always a wonderful addition to any party attire. Below, you can find some thoughts on excellent jewelry selections, as well as the types of parties you can expect this time of year (and ideas for gorgeous holiday jewelry for ALL types of parties and events).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Safety First (Even for Parties)!
First of all, and perhaps most important, we must remember what has been happening around the world with this pandemic. While it is beginning to plateau in some parts of the world, we still have a long way to go before we can consider ourselves out of the woods. That is especially true if you reside in a location that is still actively practicing social distancing and the wearing of masks.
Even though we are all anxious to get everything back to normal and enjoy our holiday season, we must not do so at the expense of our health, or the health of those around us. We implore you to remain safe, even as you gather with your loved ones, and try to forget all the distress of the past year!
Types of Holiday Parties and Party Settings
All year long, we find reasons to celebrate. Whether it be Valentine's day, birthdays, or just because days, we can always think of a reason to have a party and gather together. However, the winter holidays provide endless reasons and themes for specific, well-planned parties. If you are struggling with ideas, read below. We have a couple of ideas for your (or your friend's/relative's) upcoming party.
Holiday Jewelry Inspiration
- Jewelry party. Some people don't make a big deal about having holiday parties this time of year, because they don't do grand holiday celebrations. If you are one of these, consider having a jewelry party. You could, perhaps, invite a jewelry merchant to bring a selection of wares to peruse, or you could simply gather to compare your various diamond bracelets, rose gold necklaces, or diamond engagement rings. Or you could just show off your pride inducing collection for all of your loved ones to fawn over.
- Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa party. These are just a few of the winter holidays celebrated all over the world. Whichever you celebrate, make it the best and most memorable you possibly can. Enjoy the time with loved ones, the atmosphere, the food and décor, and merriment. But do not underestimate the jewelry! From sapphires to diamonds, to emeralds and lab-created stones of other amazing colors, jewelry could be a very important part of your party.
2020 Jewelry Trends
Despite the struggles of COVID-19, jewelry remains a highly sought item. Below are some of the pieces that have made the top ten lists for 2020:
Top Holiday Jewelry Trends:
- Diamond necklace. The traditional diamond necklace has been a favorite for as long as diamonds have been put in strands of metal. They can either be elaborate or dainty. Whichever you prefer, there are many reasons why diamond necklaces have made such an impact on the jewelry choices for this year.
- Engagement ring. Believe it or not, the pandemic of 2020 seems to have spurred many proposals of marriage. Engagement ring sales have skyrocketed this year, exponentially more than in the last several years.
- Gold diamond bracelet. As with the necklaces, bracelets with some combination of gold and diamonds are a huge hit this year. Whether it be yellow or white gold, diamond bracelets are in high demand this year, as well.
- Diamond heart necklace. Ever a symbol of love, these necklaces seem to be nearly as popular as engagement rings this year. Yellow gold diamond hearts seem to be the more popular of the two since the tint of the gold contrasts so pleasantly with the diamonds.
Gift Ideas for the Holidays
Looking for the perfect holiday gift ideas for your favorite loved one/ones? Or perhaps searching a self-love, holiday jewelry gift? Consider some of these:
Elegantly crafted, this exquisite pendant features a dazzling lab-created pear-cut diamond suspended from a delicate chain, radiating timeless sophistication.
Elevate your style with this exquisite bracelet crafted from gleaming diamonds intricately woven into a chic chain-link design, a timeless statement of elegance.
Versatile for any casual or formal occasion, this piece is a great addition to an outfit. Show your love and gift this heart pendant.
A dainty and simple style for any wear who enjoys a modern twist on an evergreen favorite. Whether in black-tie wear or in jeans, this style is perfect for either occasion.
Elevate your holiday style with these exquisite celestial-inspired diamond earrings, adding a touch of timeless elegance to your festive ensemble.
Lab grown diamond jewelry (which, as you may know, does not mean “fake.” It simply means the gem formation process is in a laboratory, which is different from the creation of fake stones).